Mobile communication in Thailand
In Thailand there are three mobile operators 1-2-call, DTAC Happy and the operator True Move.
For an international call from Thailand to Russia, use the following dialing rule:
1) when calling to Russia - 7 - mobile phone number or 7 - federal number without the number "8"
2) when calling to Ukraine - 38 - mobile operator code-phone number 38-city code-phone number
3) when calling to Kazakhstan - 7-city code-phone number
If you need to call outside of Thailand, then before the phone number should dial a special code that makes your call much cheaper:
Code 001 - when calling from 21:00 - 00:00 and 05:00 - 07:00
The code 007 is charged for the first minute of the call, and after less than 30 seconds of the next minute period is not charged, but from 31 seconds rounded to the next minute of the call.
The minute of a call to Russia costs 24 baht
The code 008 is charged for the first minute of the call, and after less than 30 seconds of the next minute period is not charged, but from 31 seconds rounded to the next minute of the call.
Russia - 5-7 baht / minute
Code 009 - tariffs are different for calls to fixed and mobile phone numbers. The first minute is fully charged, then with a quantum of 6 seconds.
Russia - 6.50 baht / minute
In resort cities, especially in Pattaya
and on the island of Phuket, you should try to dial these codes and alternate them, because due to network overload they do not work periodically.
Call from Russia (and other countries) to Thailand:
The code of Thailand is 66 and if you want to give your mobile number to relatives abroad, replace the first digit with the number of your phone number (0) by +66
Accordingly, to dial a number from a Thai mobile operator from abroad, you need to dial numbers in the following order, for example, +66 (Thailand code) 87 (mobile operator code) 7406162 (phone number).
So, when calling from abroad your number will look something like +6687 740 61 62, and when calling inside Thailand 087 740 61 62
Sending SMS to Thailand
In order to send SMS to Thailand, you need to use the number starting with the code of Thailand +66 *********, for sending SMS inside Thailand - 0 *********.
Useful commands for mobile operators in Thailand:
- replenish account balance: * 123 * number from the card replenishment #
- check account balance: # 123 #
- show your number: * 833 #
- buy unlimited wi-fi for the day: send "1day" to number 9434
-connect Wi-Fi / EDGE / GPRS / 3G: * 9000
- check account balance: * 101 * 9 # or * 101 #
- check the balance of SMS, MMS, GPRS: * 101 * 4 * 9 #
- show your number: * 102 * 9 #
- the service "Call me back": * 114 * 10_number of the called subscriber * 9 #
- send money from your phone's balance to the phone of another subscriber in the "Happy" tariff: * 141 * (mobile phone number) * (amount) #
Possible amounts: 20, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500
- replenish account balance: * 120 * Top-up code #
- check balance account: * 121 #
- show your number: * 545 #
- check the balance of Sms, MMS, GPRS, WiFi: * 139 #
- transfer of funds from your mobile account to another (1-2 Call): * 140 * 1 * (mobile phone number) * (amount) #